Chinese handset maker Vivo’s new iQoo had already confirmed that they will be revealing their first smartphone on the first of March. Now the company has uploaded an image of the smartphone online which reveals a number of interesting features. The smartphone, according to the uploaded images shows a triple rear camera setup. The pictures also reveal that the smartphone will arrive in two shades – Blue and Orange mixed with elements in Black.
The smartphone was earlier teased as well wherein a number of specifications of the device were revealed. The Vivo iQoo will arrive powered by the 7nm octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset welded to 12GB of RAM. The smartphone has also been tipped to arrive with 6GB and 8GB of RAM. The internal storage will get 256GB with the added feature for expansion. Vivo is also bringing a feature called the 4D, Near Field Communication (NFC), Super HDR camera, and nd the USB Type-C. The smartphone is expected to pack a 4,000mAh battery with support for 44W fast charging as well. Considering the flagship features, it feels like the smartphone will be specially designed for gamers and it might directly compete against Asus ROG Phone, Nubia Red Magic, and Xiaomi Black Shark in the global market.
We had also speculated earlier that this could be Vivo’s gaming brand iQoo and will be focusing on super premium feature filled flagships. Additionally, since the smartphone is also arriving with the latest Snapdragon 855, it could be possible that the smartphone will be 5G ready too. Samsung recently unveiled the Galaxy S10 5G smartphone at their Unpacked event which was held on February 20. Even OnePlus has joined the 5G bandwagon. OnePlus is holding an event at the Mobile World Congress (MWC 2019) where select attendees will get to experience 5G gaming on the latest OnePlus device.
Vivo iQOO smartphone specifications:
- 6.41-inch ( 1080 × 2340 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 19.5:9 aspect ratio display
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.84GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485) with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x / 8GB RAM with 128GB internal memory, 12GB RAM with 256GB internal memory
- Dual SIM card layout
- Android 9.0 (Pie) out of the box
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, 12MP secondary camera, 2MP camera
- 12MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 157.69×75.2×8.51mm ; Weight: 196g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3920mAh (minimum) battery with 44W fast charging