US: OnTerra Systems, developers of RouteSavvy route optimization software has announced the availability of innovative, cost-effective GPS tracking for small to mid-sized fleets using the driver’s mobile device (cell phones or tablets). This innovative technical approach allows small to mid-sized fleets access to GPS tracking at a fraction of the cost of typical GPS fleet tracking technology. This new, affordable GPS Fleet Tracking technology works as part of the RouteSavvy web application for displaying driver location and history.
OnTerra System’s new GPS Fleet Tracker features allow managers of small to mid-sized fleets to track and monitor vehicles in the fleet via cell phones
Here’s what the RouteSavvy GPS Fleet Tracking features can do:
- See the current positions of the fleet’s vehicles by tracking the position of the driver’s cell phone (For privacy, the RouteSavvy GPS Tracker feature can be turned off on weekends and after hours.)
- Provide phone history, i.e. location positions, for given dates back as far as a week (also known as “bread crumbs”)
- Export data into Excel for analysis or record-keeping
- Compare a planned route with the actual route that was driven
New RouteSavvy GPS Tracker Offers Powerful Features Ideal for Small to Mid-sized Fleets
Features available in the new RouteSavvy GPS tracking feature include:
- Affordable: Low upfront and ongoing costs
- Fast set-up on Android & iPhones
- Easy to use
- Privacy setting for weekends & evenings
- Optimized to reduce smartphone battery usage
The mandatory base license for RouteSavvy route optimization software is $300 per year. The optional RouteSavvy Tracker add-on license costs an additional $500 per year for up to 10 phones. Additional phones that needed to be tracked cost just $50 per year.
“GPS fleet tracking traditionally costs $20-$50 per vehicle per month, costing small fleets thousands of dollars per year, plus the cost of hardware, for a typical fleet tracking system,” said Steve Milroy, OnTerra Systems president. “In contrast, RouteSavvy GPS Tracker costs roughly $4 per vehicle per month with no extra hardware required. Our innovative, new, affordable approach to fleet tracking finally allows smaller fleets to gain the functionality of fleet tracking with one of the lowest prices on the market per year, low upfront costs that don’t include installing hardware in every vehicle, and fast ROI.”